Tuesday, August 6, 2013

So Excited! Successful IUI Story

I belong to an IUI/IVF support group on BabyCenter - which is amazing by the way. No matter what you're dealing with, you can always find a group on this site with a LOT of people going through the same things you are.

Anyway, there's a particular member on there that has been trying her hardest to become pregnant. She's gone thru so many ups and downs and this month was a very important one for her. It was her last attempt at getting pregnant. No more IUIs for her and no chance of  IVF happening either (very similar to my situation). Because I have a cyst, I hadn't been checking this site too much this month. I decided the other day I should log on and see if there was any good news for any of these ladies. And guess what........ SHE'S PREGNANT!

How freaking amazing is that?? I seriously wanted to jump up and down when I read that she saw a line on her pregnancy test. It's like you can just feel their excitement and it's just so great seeing a positive outcome for someone.

She listed some of the things she did this month:
• Read every positive IUI story
• Read the book Being Fruitful
• Listen to fertility affirmations every night via itunes
• Date of IUI: eat eggs for breakfast, drink grape juice & eat fruit
• Take cough syrup
• Treat life like you didn't have an IUI - drink, move around until day 11 or 12 and then test

Not sure if any of these are what did it for her - but I'm sure as heck giving it a try next month if we're lucky enough to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment