Monday, October 14, 2013

Feeling Guilty

I'm feeling really badly about my last post. It was a little "woe is me" and I don't want to be like that. I know it's not realistic to expect everyone to be on tippy toes around me with the subject of babies. I think I'm just struggling to figure out where my place is. I'm not someone who straight up knew I never wanted to have kids and I'm not someone who just hasn't been ready to try for one yet. I'm in that gray area that nobody really knows or talks about. It's not a fun place to be - you can't just straight up say "We've been trying for 2 years, and I mean REALLY trying - like spent ungodly amounts of money on trying - and we just can't get pregnant". That would probably be frowned upon & would make everyone feel awkward. But saying "we've been trying" doesn't accurately depict the situation. I don't want the "well sometimes it takes time" response that I got that one from my brother. "It took us 6 months to conceive your nephew, you know". ummmm.... thanks?

I just have to be prepared for these situations and enjoy life in the meantime. It's a tricky road to navigate, but I hope I get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment