Sunday, September 29, 2013

To All The Childless Peeps Out There

Enjoy your life.... enjoy the silence and moments to yourself you get through-out the day, every day.

I babysat this weekend. I love babysitting. You know why? I get to hand the kids back at the end of the day and that is Heeeaaaavennnnn.

I spent the entire day playing baseball, putting together 3 puzzles, getting bottles, getting cups of juice, slicing grilled cheese into triangles, playing run around for 5 minutes while the kids try to catch me and throw you in "jail". Yup, played that one over and over and over. How do parents do it? I really really actually wonder this. How do they have any time to themselves, ever?

I love these kids more than anything. But it kind of made me realize that maybe I'm actually not ready to be a parent. Maybe it is a good thing that this didn't work out the way we thought it would. I know you probably get used to it once you have a child... but I don't know that I'm ready to get used to it quite yet. I love not having a schedule and I love not feeling completely exhausted every day.

Sometimes it's good to take a step back and look at your life, appreciating all of the good things you forgot you had.

No comments:

Post a Comment