Saturday, June 29, 2013

...I Take it Back

It seems bills always come on Saturdays and we haven't received one in quite some time so I knew they were building up. I went to the mailbox knowing there'd be something there for us today. I was right. It was a bill for the hospital stay part of the HSG. This is the most expensive part of the procedure - $1200.

I'm doing the BIGGEST happy JIG EVER right now because....... UMR negotiated a discount for us. What the what??? And hold on to your pants because it is a $900 discount. WOOO! We are responsible for just $250. I am the most excited I've been in a long long long time. Now that's $900 we saved that we can put towards an IUI (well, IF we have to... lets hope I'm preggers already).

I just have to share a little story from today. I found a website a few days ago for a whole foods store in a town not too far from where I live. So I asked my hubby if he was up for an adventure today & asked if he'd want to come with me to check it out. We've really been wanting to eat meat that is locally raised and butchered in a humane way. So we get to the store and go to the meat section and they have 3 burgers for around $8, a $15 steak, & a whole chicken for $8.50 (among other random items). I just figured we haven't cooked a whole chicken for quite some time, so lets try that. Ummm.... well..... turns out it was $8.50/lb. Yup.... this was the tiniest little whole chicken ever and it cost us $17!!! GULP.....  I literally only some kale, popcorn, cucumber, apples, salsa & the chicken and our total bill was $45. Talk about buyers remorse! At least I know we supported something important but I think I'll be going to the farmers market from here on out. AND after shopping, we tried out a restaurant we've been wanting to go to. They had a special we both wanted to try (no price listed) so we both took one of those. Our bill came and it was $70. FOR LUNCH!!!! We just laughed it off, but we weren't having a very "frugal" day, that's for sure. (ps, the lunch was amazing.... best thing I've eaten in a long long time).

Fast forward to now and we just saved $900. Makes that chicken & lunch sound not so terrible.

UMR, you really aren't so bad afterall.

P.S. I am 7 days post IUI and I'm going crazy. Only one more week and we'll know whether it worked or not. I know implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 days after, so I'm trying to stay positive. EEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment