Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baseline Ultrasound, one more test to go

Well, on Monday I had my first ever ultrasound. I will admit I always thought my first ultrasound would be when I was finally seeing my baby for the first time. Having it be like this was a bit disappointing and sad for me but I remind myself that it will be just as exciting when that day does finally get here.

Before going in, the idea of an internal ultrasound on day 3 of my period sounded completely horrifying. "I have to do what???" I whined. But I'm here to tell you that it isn't as nasty as it initially sounds. They had a bathroom right off of the room, so I was able to get changed and go potty right there in private.

The ultrasound tech was so nice. She went very slowly made sure to explain to me everything she was doing -- which was mainly measuring everything she found. This included my lining, cervix, ovary sizes, & follicle sizes. It probably only lasted around 10 minutes and then I was able to slip back into the bathroom where they had tampons for your use.

After, she told me the nurse would go over the results with me. I was so excited to hear what everything meant since I really didn't understand anything. I also have no idea what they were looking for. So -- I walked into the nurses office and she goes, "oh, no, I actually don't need to see you. I will fax these up to them this morning". I was thinking.... "them"? Who is that? I can only assume it is my RE who is in a different city. Not what I wanted to hear! I don't think she could go over the results with me because technically HE is my doctor now. ugh. So I am still in the dark about what the heck they found.

Tomorrow is my HSG. Holy crap I can't believe that this is actually going to finally happen. The sad part is that I'm more worried about forking out 3 grand than I am about the actual procedure. HAHA! I just get real nervous anytime we spend that kind of money. I'm also worried it isn't going to be what I'm expecting. I had a leep done about 7 years ago and had heard that the cramping after that is horrible. I was pleasantly surprised when I had no camping at all. So now I am thinking the same might be the case this time around.... right? I'm expecting to go in there and not have any cramping after. I think I might be dooming myself, but I am trying to keep a positive attitude here and not get too nervous about it. There's nothing I can do at this point and this needs to be done if I ever want a chance at having a child.... So - I'm all in.

WISH ME LUCK! EEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment