Monday, April 29, 2013

Update Post-RE Visit

It has been a few days since we got to speak to the new RE and find out what he thought about our test results so far and what our plans could be for the future.

Guess what.....? -- More TESTS!

I think I'm just exhausted at this point and feel like I can't possibly put myself thru any more of these cycles where nothing happens. It's so so so frustrating. I have to have another blood draw so they can test my progesterone again since my previous doctor didn't keep a note about what cycle day it was drawn on. He just wants to be sure it is accurate. So that will happen this Saturday. Then whenever next cycle day 1 is, I have to call and schedule an ultrasound AND my HSG. The one thing we were trying to avoid is the HSG due to the extremely high cost of it in this area (ahem--2 grand). But of course he says he really needs me to do this test so they can eliminate that as a source of problems.

Time is of the essence since my AMH number showed that I have diminished ovarian reserve. So he doesn't want me to waste any time doing fertility drugs when it could just be a blockage that is preventing the pregnancy.

No fun -- I am definitely not looking forward to this. The appointment for him to tell us we need more tests in order for him to make a clear plan cost us $300. I mean, really? It's just so sad to me. There has to be millions of people out there in our shoes (or even worse off than we are) who are just wanting to have a baby. I'm working as much overtime as I can in order to hopefully put some of that towards these expensive tests, but I know I won't even come close to making what I need to any time soon. But what are you going to do? We HAVE to have the tests done if we want to move forward ... and we don't have the option of waiting until we have money saved since my eggs are dwindling.

Life I tell you -- just not easy is it?

I'll let you know how the tests turn out... hopefully they come out okay so we can just move forward and get this baby growing in my tummy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment