Monday, April 22, 2013

Good News!

I can't believe it took me so long to post this... what's wrong w/ me?

I received my FSH results. My doctor called me back and left a message to let me know she had the results. Then she called me a second time and said that she discussed my results w/ the RE I am seeing this week to see what he thought and he decided that she should order a few more tests from the blood they drew, so she went ahead and ordered those right away.

So at this point, I was panicking... That can only mean one thing, right? BAD NEWS. I was so scared to call her back. I called as I was walking to a private conference room here at work and she said "well, I have some good news". Right then and there, I almost peed my pants. I said "GOOD NEWS?!?!?!.... did you say, GOOD?!". She let me know that my FSH number came back at an 8.6. I believe you want this to be around a 6 normally.... but she told me this is great news. Apparently things only get super tricky once the number is 10 or above.

Get this -- she actually said, "I don't think it is going to take too much to get you pregnant". I responded to that with, "so do you think IVF won't be the only option?" and she said she's certain he'll want to try other things first. YAY YAY YAY!

I had THE BEST week after hearing that news. I feel so relieved and so happy and again hopeful for the future.

My hubby and I are all ready for our appointment on Thursday. We're so excited.

Meanwhile, medical bills just keep rolling in. But you know.... who cares, as long as we have a happy ending to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment