Friday, February 22, 2013

Moxibustion... Say What?

I had an acupuncture appointment last night on day 3 of my cycle. She seems to think this is a very important day to treat me... I'm not sure why. Anyway -- she put a million needles in my stomach this time and it was very very relaxing. I loved it actually. I always feel like it's really working when I'm in there, that is until I get up to leave and then I feel like hmmm - I don't feel any different. This time she did something pretty different -- Moxibustion.

She warned me before we started that it smells quite bad and would leave me and my clothes smelling like smoke, cigars or marajuana. HAHAHA YUP.... she was right.... it smelled just like marajuana!! I've never smoked that before, but I do have a neighbor who does regularly and the smell floods from his house into mine. Lovely! So anyway.... it is this little stick that you light up (very much like a cigar) and then you hold the end over your stomach and sort of move it around. It warms up your whole body. She was telling me that they actually use it to turn breech babies over so they are no longer breech. Pretty neat!

via

You can read more about it HERE.
Now I go back whenever I ovulate for another treatment.
I brought my charts from when I used to take my BBT every morning and she looked those over. She told me that they look completely normal and my body is doing what it should be doing at all the right times. I actually said outloud "PHEW!" but as I was leaving, I was thought why do I think it is a good thing nothing is wrong? It almost seems like I would be better off finding out something is wrong so that we can then fix it and hopefully get me pregnant. Always hearing that everything is normal is almost more difficult in a way because then there's no solution to this issue we're having. I keep telling myself that it'll just happen one of these times - but it is hard to believe sometimes.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment