Sunday, February 24, 2013

Family Can Be Difficult Too

Yesterday, my husband's aunt came into town so a whole bunch of his family met up at a popular restaurant for some drinks and a bite to eat. It is always fun to hang out with them and see everyone again, but it's growing more and more difficult for me.

I swear each one of them had to say something about us having a baby soon and how we need to get on that. A lot of it was in a joking-ish way... just saying that them and their daughter really want us to have a baby so they can take care of it. Little things like that... but I have to say that each time I heard it, it broke my heart. I would just turn and look at mark and he'd look back at me like "yup, I know how you're feeling".

There are only a select few that know what we're going thru or how long we've been trying. I guess it isn't something I feel all that comfortable announcing at a family function, but I think I will start telling people here and there when I can. Maybe just a casual "well, we've been trying for a while" or something like that.

Family is hard!! I know they don't meant to put pressure on us, but that's what it ends up feeling like and it makes me even more anxious and nervous about this process. Blah....

No comments:

Post a Comment